Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Life of a Teacher...

The Challenge of Implementing the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics by Michigan State University once gain shows some of the handicaps with the public school system. It is unfair to blame teachers for things that are out of their control such as lack of materials and text books for teachers. But, I do feel that teachers should have high expectations being we are expected to meet standards and ensure our students meet their full potential. With that said, we live in a society where there are resources everywhere and if a school is unable to provide the necessary materials, as teachers, we should be proactive and get them ourselves. This is something that I do at my school regularly and it has actually worked to my benefit for it has made me more creative, resourceful, and strengthened my researching skills. 


I an convinced that the decision makers (administration) rarely has the students best interest at heart; therefore, don’t expect much from them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.