Monday, March 9, 2015

Sometimes Teachers Need Coaching Too....

After reading the article, "Classroom Coaches Critical as Teachers Shift to Common Core," I have a better understanding for the need of learning coaches in schools. With the new Common Core standards it has become apparent more than ever the need for learning coaches. This article focused on math coaches in schools and describe the success of the students with a math expert also present, in addition to their teacher. It is great for teachers to get an expert's advice on teaching math and maybe incorporating new materials into the curriculum.

The article mentioned coaches that were trained and had expertise in the common core standards. I think this would be very beneficial for teachers to have in the classroom because teachers are so busy making lessons, communicating with parents, planning, meeting the needs of their learners, etc. Teachers are just SO busy! I can imagine how helpful it would be to have someone helping to make sure lessons are meeting the needs of the common core standards and ensuring that each standard is met. I'm not currently a teacher right now, but I could definitely see this being beneficial for teachers today. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.