I read ‘Elite PD Programs Seeks to Build Top Teachers’ and I
am disturbed by the price tag of $12,000. My first question is “Who is paying
for this? “Why invest money in an
organization that is not transferable or trusted? The second thing is that this
program is not connected to any university but it is a for-profit organization.
I believe in education and continued learning. I distrust “for
profit” organizations and business models in regards to schools. I believe in
lifelong-learning. Who believes that business people know anything about the
process of teaching and learning? I know business people want to make money by
separating me, school districts, and other fools from their money.
I simply do not trust anything that a businessman knows
anything about child development, pedagogy, language acquisition, etc.
Business people might know how to make connections with the
community. In my mind, the business person’s interest is the bottom line, which
is profit, in taxpayer's dollars.
I completely agree. Money tends to be the root of all evil and if there is profit involved you know children are going to get the short end of the stick. Yes, schools are businesses, but it shouldn't compromise a child's learning environment or their future.
ReplyDelete