Monday, February 23, 2015

Using iPads in Math

I love using iPads during math lessons! I  have 6 iPads in my classroom, so the students work together in small groups. They get to use technology, advance their math knowledge, and learn to collaborate with others- it's a win-win!

A personal goal of mine this year was to start using the iPads as part of the actual lessons, not just filler or something to do for the early finishers. Right now in my 2nd grade class we are doing a unit on fractions. I am using the Book Creator app to create a class fraction book. Students use the iPads to take pictures, which turn into a fraction word problem. I try to do one iPad project a month in my classroom. I would love to hear any suggestions you have about how you incorporate iPads in your classroom! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love using iPads during math lessons, too! I found that last year my 3rd graders really loved it. Since we were working on multiplication, I could find fun games that helped them practice their math facts without it feeling like they were actually doing math and practicing!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.